Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 4 - Atlanta, GA

August 3, 2014

I woke up to the sun bearing down on my shadeless tent. Billy was asleep on the picnic table with a book as a pillow. After we got moving, Billy made eggs and bacon for breakfast as I packed up the tent and other gear. We visited the Noccalula Falls near the campground before driving to Atlanta. We had originally intended to walk around and explore the city, but we just ended up spending our time at Wreckers Bar Brewpub. Located on the lower story of an old house, the pub had a very rustic atmosphere. We had lunch and hung out there before I drove to the airport and dropped Billy off. 

I then drove to meet my good friend Wes in Norcross, in the upper reaches of Atlanta. I met him late in the afternoon and, after catching up for a while, we headed to Taco Mac for dinner. Taco Mac was a neat restaurant and sports bar that can best be compared to Buffalo Wild Wings. I got a Sweetwater beer and a beef and cheese quesadilla that were quite good. We chilled there for a while as we talked about our summers, sports, A&M, etc. 

Wes had offered I stay the night at his hotel, which I graciously accepted. Although he had work the next day, we stayed up late watching a movie and some tv shows. We had some good laughs, as all the shows we watched were comedies. When it was finally time to end the night, the futon bed was a welcomed relief from the hot campgrounds.

Odometer - 1090 mi


Billy's and my best replications of the Noccalula Falls monument

Noccalula Falls



Wreckers Bar Brewpub



No comments:

Post a Comment