Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 13 - Naples, FL

August 12, 2014

By the time I woke up, Uncle Art and Aunt Ellen were already moving. I packed up my stuff and we then left to have breakfast. When we returned from breakfast, I helped clean up the condo and then tidied up my truck to drive them to the airport. Soon, we were all ready to go and headed out. The 30 - 40 minute drive passed quickly and I dropped them off at the regional airport. Once again, I had no plan for where I would go next. As I drove away, I decided I would spend another night in Naples. I liked the beach and the town. 

I drove to a Starbucks and typed up multiple days of blog posts. I stayed about 2 or 3 hours. I couldn't decide yet if I wanted to camp or just get a motel. I decided to go to the beach for the time being. I went to the municipal beach at the 12th Avenue pier. The parking meter ate all of my quarters and gave me only an hour an a half of parking time. I plopped my small travel chair in the sand and enjoyed the waves. Even for a municipal beach, there were not nearly as many people as Miami; of course, it was a Tuesday instead of a Sunday.

I floated in the ocean for a little while before rinsing off and returning to my truck. I decided to just go ahead an get a motel so I could continue to type up blog posts in an attempt to get up-to-date. Using the Hotwire App, I booked a $60 room with no idea of what motel it was out. After booking it, I found out that it was at a Red Roof Inn. My room was very clean and I was satisfied with the price for the value. 

I left the motel and drove around for a while in search of a place to eat. I stopped at the beach to watch the tail end of the sunset. I stayed for 15 minutes but wish I had stayed longer. The sight would have been worth it. 

I ended up eating at Brook's Gourmet Burgers and Dogs. I got a burger with an egg and bacon on it. Indeed, it was gourmet. As it turns out, they were recently rated by TripAdvisor to be the 6th best burger joint in the U.S. I followed the burger with a delicious piece of Key Lime pie. 

Back at the motel, I did a little laundry, watched some TV, and worked on the blog until my eyelids informed me that they had different plans.

Odometer - 2760 mi

Uncle Art, Aunt Ellen, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment