Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 15 - Edgewater, FL

August 14, 2014

After getting some PVC pipe and zip ties to make rod holders, shrimp for bait, and a lunch of Chick-fil-A I drove to the Canaveral National Seashore to rent a canoe and a campsite. Every park volunteer and employee I spoke to said I was crazy for camping there, especially for three nights. Apparently, Mosquito Lagoon earns it's name at this time of year. 

Well, I am not easily deterred and am sitting in my truck right now as I wait for this storm to pass so I can launch off for the Orange Island campground #1. To the lagoon!

Odometer - 3134 mi

Gear waiting for consolidation before take-off

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for checking in tonight, Ross! Just seeing your "safe and sound" texts every few days helps us relax a bit!

    ReplyDelete