Friday, March 20, 2015

Day 26 - Jersey Village, TX

August 25, 2014

I woke up before the sun rose and left before anyone in the campground was even awake. Somehow, my engine light didn't come on again. So, although I had originally intended to stop in Wichita Falls to get it checked out, I decided this was no longer necessary. I would just get it checked at home. [One month after the trip, the fan belt busted and the head gasket blew!]

I made the long drive home in good time and had dinner with Cassie and my family. My trip lasted nearly four weeks and I loved every bit of it. I am glad to be back with my friends and family, but part of me still yearns to be cruising around a lake in an aluminum jon boat, jigging for a striped bass out of a kayak in 180 feet of water, paddling through a lagoon with only the manatees and mosquitoes to accompany me, launching a live crab at a monster permit, or listening to Tin Cup Chalice by Jimmy Buffet as I burn rubber to The Dream Stream.

Final
Odometer - 6360 mi
Drive Time - 142 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment