Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 19 - Wellington, KS

August 18, 2014

I left the KOA campground at 6:30 AM, stopped at Chick-fil-A in Oxford for breakfast, and went to an auto shop to change the oil in my truck. Although I would have never guessed it, there was a ton of traffic in Oxford and I ended up in stop-and-go traffic for over an hour. Finally, I started cruising and listened to a mix of music and talk-shows on the radio as I traveled through Birmingham, Memphis, and Little Rock. I had lunch at a McDonalds and ended up speaking with an old man who was missing all but a couple of his teeth. It was hard to understand what he was saying, but I enjoyed talking with him. I then got back on the road and drove the rest of the way to Tulsa, OK. 

Kelsey and I went to a local bar called The R Bar and spent an hour or so catching up. We were good friends in college and I enjoyed having the time to visit and talk with her. After I left, I drove two and a half hours, surrounded by storms, to the Wellington KOA campground. The lightning from the storms artistically colored the night sky. Arriving at 12:30 AM, I decided to sleep in the cab of my truck to avoid the rain if it were to come. As it turned out, it never rained. 

Today alone, I traveled 851 miles.

Odometer - 4543 mi
Driving time - 101 hrs

Sorry folks... no time for pictures today

No comments:

Post a Comment